Monday, September 23, 2013

Project Elephant, Part 3 & 3.5

five days five ways | project elephant

I'm so productive!  More things checked off the list:  Finish up my poor little abused tray - CHECK.  Spray paint frames & shelves glossy navy blue - CHECK.

Here's my little tray.  Just imagine it all sad, with cheap mahogany veneer over cheap pine and pockmarked with holes.



I do need to go back and touch up the stencils.  It started raining as I was working on Saturday, and I had to scramble to get my shelves off the lawn!  I may even decide to add a great big monogram to the middle.  I need to let that thought marinate a while first though.


As for the huge gallery wall, we went from this...               To this:                            
My chippy broken $5 estate sale frame.


I'm not showing it all yet.  It's blue and gilded and GORG!


And here is a non-glamorous painting shot - it's the only one I have of the shelves (3.  2 ledges & 1 shelf)  Many not-thanks to my sneaky Aidan for shooting this one!


And that's all we have time for today folks!  I'm going to be linking up at:


Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

No comments: